When money and emotions run high, even the best planning can’t always avoid family disputes. When that happens you need an attorney who understands the specialized framework of the New Jersey Chancery Courts to advocate for you.
Whether it’s on offense or defense, estate, trust, and fiduciary litigation is the only type of litigation we do.
OUR ADVOCACY INCLUDES
- Will Contests & Caveats
- Construing the Terms of a Will or Trust
- Fiduciary Accountings
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Suspicious Asset Transfers
- Contested Lifetime Gifts
- Commissions and Fee Disputes
- Insolvent Estates
- Lack of Capacity
- Undue Influence
- Removal of an Executor or Trustee
SOME OF THE CASES WE HAVE HANDLED INCLUDE
- Defending an Executor against charges of undue influence and the presentment of a formal accounting action brought by the decedent’s daughter.
- Defending a beneficiary against the probate of an unsigned note that was purported to be a Last Will & Testament.
- Admitting a will to probate that did not comply with the legal formalities for wills under New Jersey law (N.J.S.A. 3B:3-2).
- Admitting a photocopy of a will to probate.
- Using insolvent estate proceedings to protect assets from creditors and to absolve the Executor of liability.
- Creating a court sanctioned Special Needs Trust to protect assets in the context of a Guardianship proceeding.
- Guardianship proceeding for a child with Autism.
- Avoiding litigation in a $10M+ estate where the only beneficiaries were estranged siblings who felt aggrieved by each other.
- Using out-of-court settlement procedures to protect a Trustee from decades of financial transactions.
If you have any questions about estate and trust litigation, please contact us to schedule a free consultation.